Nutrition Program and Non-Discrimination

Meals- Global Village International provides a healthy, nutritious breakfast, lunch and snacks for all students in accordance with the USDA federal nutrition guidelines. Schools either employ a cook or have meals delivered to the school. The staff will deliver breakfast, lunch, and snacks to all classrooms. The cook and/or caterer and the school Director will work together to create the school’s menu. The school does not provide meals for staff members. As part of the Federal nutrition program, all staff members are to ensure accurate daily completion of their respective ROMS report, which includes confirmation of student participation in each of the meals/snacks served daily.  All Directors are required to monitor ROMS reports, ensure accuracy with the corresponding attendance reports and collect signed and dated IEFs (Income Eligibility Form) from each family/guardian with a child enrolled in the school.

Applying for Free and Reduced Price School Meals

Schools send school meal applications home at the beginning of each school year. However, you may apply for school meals any time during the school year by submitting an application directly to your school or district. You may ask for an application any time during the school year. If you’re earning at or below current Income Eligibility Guidelines, you are encouraged to contact your school or district to fill out a school meal application. Applications are reviewed by local school or district officials before granting free or reduced price benefits. If you receive Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) benefits, all of your children who attend school automatically qualify for free school meals. Participation in other Federal assistance programs, including Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) also provides automatic eligibility. Please contact your school to determine if you need to fill out an application. Check with your local director for details. 

If you are eligible for unemployment compensation or The Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC), you may also be eligible for free or reduced price school meals. State Workforce Agency Administrators should let households seeking unemployment benefits about the availability of free and reduced price school meals. Please contact your school or district for more information.

FAQs about food program (English and Spanish)


Dear Parent/Guardian:

Children need healthy meals to learn. Global Village International Preschool offers healthy meals every school day. Breakfast costs [$0]; lunch costs [$0]. Your children may qualify for free meals or for reduced price meals. Reduced price is [$0] for breakfast and [$0] for lunch. This packet includes an application for free or reduced price meal benefits, and a set of detailed instructions. Below are some common questions and answers to help you with the application process.

  1. Who can get free OR REDUCED PRICE meals?

    • All children in households receiving benefits from Colorado SNAP, or Colorado TANF, are eligible for free meals.

    • Foster children that are under the legal responsibility of a foster care agency or court are eligible for free meals.

    • Children participating in their school’s Head Start program are eligible for free meals.

    • Children who meet the definition of homeless, runaway, or migrant are eligible for free meals.

    • Children may receive free or reduced price meals if your household’s income is within the limits on the Federal Income Eligibility Guidelines. Your children may qualify for free or reduced price meals if your household income falls at or below the limits on this chart.

  1. HOW DO I KNOW IF MY CHILDREN QUALIFY AS homeless, MIGRANT, OR RUNAWAY? Do the members of your household lack a permanent address? Are you staying together in a shelter, hotel, or other temporary housing arrangement? Does your family relocate on a seasonal basis? Are any children living with you who have chosen to leave their prior family or household? If you believe children in your household meet these descriptions and haven’t been told your children will get free meals, please call or e-mail Carla Woolheater, 1410 LaredoSt., Aurora,CO 80011, call 720-277-3267 or email

  2. Do I need to fill out an application for each child?No. Use one Free and Reduced Price School Meals Application for all students in your household. We cannot approve an application that is not complete, so be sure to fill out all required information. Return the completed application to: Your local preschool director.

  3. SHOULD I FILL OUT AN APPLICATION IF I RECEIVED A LETTER THIS SCHOOL YEAR SAYING MY CHILDREN ARE ALREADY APPROVED FOR FREE MEALS?No, but please read the letter you got carefully and follow the instructions. If any children in your household were missing from your eligibility notification, contact Carla Woolheater, 1410 LaredoSt., Aurora,CO 80011, call 720-277-3267 or email immediately.

  4. CAN I APPLY ONLINE? Yes! You are encouraged to complete an online application instead of a paper application if you are able. The online application has the same requirements and will ask you for the same information as the paper application. Visit to begin or to learn more about the online application process. Contact Carla Woolheater, 1410 LaredoSt., Aurora,CO 80011, call 720-277-3267 or email if you have any questions about the online application.

  5. MY CHILD’S APPLICATION WAS APPROVED LAST YEAR.DO I NEED TO FILL OUT A NEW ONE?Yes.Your child’s application is only good for that school year and for the first few days of this school year, through [date]. You must send in a new application unless the school told you that your child is eligible for the new school year.If you do not send in a new application that is approved by the school or you have not been notified that your child is eligible for free meals , your child will be charged the full price for meals.

  6. I GET WIC.CAN MY CHILDREN GET FREE MEALS?Children in households participating in WIC be eligible for free or reduced price meals.Please send in an application.

  7. Will the information I give be checked? Yes. We may also ask you to send written proof of the household income you report.

  8. If I don’t qualify now, may I apply later? Yes, you may apply at any time during the school year.  For example, children with a parent or guardian who becomes unemployed may become eligible for free and reduced price meals if the household income drops below the income limit.

  9. What if I disagree with the school’s decision about my application? You should talk to school officials. You also may ask for a hearing by calling or writing to: Carla Woolheater, 1410 LaredoSt., Aurora,CO 80011, call 720-277-3267 or email

  10. May I apply if someone in my household is not a U.S. citizen? Yes. You, your children, or other household members do not have to be U.S. citizens to apply for free or reduced price meals. 

  11. What if my income is not always the same? List the amount that you normally receive. For example, if you normally make $1000 each month, but you missed some work last month and only made $900, put down that you made $1000 per month.  If you normally get overtime, include it, but do not include it if you only work overtime sometimes.  If you have lost a job or had your hours or wages reduced, use your current income.

  12. WHAT IF SOME HOUSEHOLD MEMBERS HAVE NO INCOME TO REPORT? Household members may not receive some types of income we ask you to report on the application, or may not receive income at all. Whenever this happens, please write a 0 in the field. However, if any income fields are left empty or blank, those will be counted as zeroes. Please be careful when leaving income fields blank, as we will assume you to do so.

  13. We are in the military. do we REPORT OUR INCOME DIFFERENTLY? Your basic pay and cash bonuses must be reported as income. If you get any cash value allowances for off-base housing, food, or clothing, it must also be included as income. However, if your housing is part of the Military Housing Privatization Initiative, do not include your housing allowance as income. Any additional combat pay resulting from deployment is also excluded from income.

  14. WHAT IF THERE ISN’T ENOUGH SPACE ON THE APPLICATION FOR MY FAMILY?List any additional household members on a separate piece of paper, and attach it to your application. Contact Carla Woolheater, 1410 LaredoSt., Aurora,CO 80011, call 720-277-3267 or email to receive a second application.

  15. My family needs more help. Are there other programs we might apply for? To find out how to apply for [State SNAP] or other assistance benefits, contact your local assistance office or call [State hotline number].

If you have other questions or need help, call Carla at 720-277-3267.


Nickie Holder



Estimado/a padre/madre o tutor/a:

Los niños necesitan comidas saludables para aprender. Global Village International Preschool ofrece comidas saludables todos los días escolares. El desayuno cuesta [$0] y el almuerzo [$0]. Sus niños podrían tener derecho a solicitar comidas gratis o a precio reducido. El precio reducido es  [$0] el desayuno y [$0]  la comida. Este paquete incluye una solicitud para comidas gratis o a precio reducido, e instrucciones detalladas. A continuación, algunas preguntas y respuestas comunes para ayudarle con el proceso de solicitud.

  1. ¿Quién puede recibir comidas gratis O A PRECIO REDUCIDO?

    • Todos los niños de familias que reciben prestaciones de o Colorado TANF tienen derecho a comidas gratis.

    • Los niños en régimen de acogida bajo la responsabilidad legal de una agencia de acogida o tribunal tienen derecho a recibir comidas gratis.

    • Los niños que participan en el programa Head Start de su colegio tienen derecho a recibir comidas gratis.

    • Los niños que encajan en la definición de personas sin hogar, fugados o emigrantes tienen derecho a recibir comidas gratis.

    • Los niños pueden recibir comidas gratis o a precio reducido si los ingresos familiares están dentro de los límites de Federal Income Eligibility Guidelines (Guía federal de selección por ingresos). Sus hijos pueden tener derecho a comidas gratis o a precio reducido si sus ingresos familiares están dentro o por debajo de los límites de esta lista.


  1. ¿CÓMO SÉ SI MIS NIÑOS ENCAJAN EN LA DEFINICIÓN DE sin hogar, EMIGRANTE O FUGADO? ¿Los miembros de su familia no tienen una dirección permanente? ¿Se alojan todos en un refugio, hotel u otro alojamiento temporal? ¿Su familia se traslada de forma estacional? ¿Alguno de los niños que viven con usted decidió dejar su familia anterior? Si cree que los niños de su familia encajan en estas descripciones y no le han informado de que recibirán comidas gratis, llame o envíe un correo electrónico

  2. ¿Es necesario rellenar una solicitud por cada niño?No. Rellene una solicitud para comidas escolares gratis o a precio reducido para todos los estudiantes de su familia.No podemos aprobar una solicitud que no esté completa, así que asegúrese de incluir toda la información requerida. Devuelva la solicitud rellenada a: Carla Woolheater, 1410 LaredoSt., Aurora,CO 80011, call 720-277-3267 or email

  3. ¿DEBO RELLENAR UNA SOLICITUD SI HE RECIBIDO UNA CARTA ESTE AÑO ESCOLAR DICIENDO QUE HAN APROBADO QUE MIS NIÑOS RECIBAN COMIDAS GRATIS?No, pero lea la carta que ha recibido y siga las instrucciones. Si faltara algún niño de su hogar en la notificación de selección, póngase en contacto con Carla Woolheater, 1410 LaredoSt., Aurora,CO 80011, call 720-277-3267 or email inmediatamente.

  4. ¿PUEDO REALIZAR LA SOLICITUD EN LÍNEA? Sí. Le animamos a rellenar una solicitud en línea en lugar de una en papel si puede. La solicitud en línea tiene los mismos requisitos y le pedirá la misma información que la de papel. Visite para empezar o PARA saber más sobre el proceso de solicitud en línea. Póngase en contacto con [name, address, phone number, e-mail] si tiene alguna pregunta sobre la solicitud en línea.

  5. LA SOLICITUD DE MI NIÑO FUE APROBADA EL AÑO PASADO.¿TENGO QUE RELLENAR UNA NUEVA?Sí.La solicitud de su niño solo es válida para ese año escolar y los primeros días de este año escolar hasta Debe enviar una nueva solicitud, a menos que el colegio le haya dicho que su niño tiene derecho este nuevo año escolar.Si no envía una nueva solicitud aprobada por el colegio o no se le ha notificado que su niño tiene derecho a recibir comidas gratis, se le cobrará el precio completo de la comida.

  6. PARTIIPO EN WIC.¿PUEDEN MIS NIÑOS RECIBIR COMIDAS GRATIS?Los niños de familias que participan en WIC recibir comidas gratis o a precio reducido.Envíe una solicitud.

  7. ¿Se comprobará la información que proporcione? Sí. También podemos pedirle que envíe prueba escrita de los ingresos familiares que ha declarado.

  8. Si ahora no cumplo los requisitos de selección, ¿puedo volver a enviar la solicitud más adelante? Sí, puede enviar la solicitar en cualquier momento durante el año escolar.  Por ejemplo, los niños con un padre o tutor que se quede sin empleo pueden tener derecho entonces a recibir comidas gratis o a precio reducido si los ingresos familiares son inferiores al límite de ingresos.

  9. ¿Qué pasa si no estoy de acuerdo con la decisión del colegio sobre mi solicitud? Debe hablar con los funcionarios del colegio. También podría solicitar una audiencia ya sea llamando o escribiendo a: Carla Woolheater, 1410 LaredoSt., Aurora,CO 80011, call 720-277-3267 or email

  10. ¿Puedo enviar la solicitud aunque alguien de mi familia no sea ciudadano estadounidense? Sí. Usted, sus niños u otros miembros de la familia no tienen que ser ciudadanos estadounidenses para solicitar comidas gratis o a precio reducido. 

  11. ¿Qué pasa si mis ingresos no son siempre iguales? Indique la cantidad que recibe normalmente. Por ejemplo, si normalmente recibe 1000 $ al mes, pero no trabajó unos días el mes pasado y solo recibió 900 $, indique que recibe 1000 $ por mes.  Si normalmente hace horas extras, inclúyalas, pero no las incluya si solo las hace de manera esporádica.  Si ha perdido un trabajo o han reducido sus horas o salario, indique sus ingresos actuales.

  12. ¿QUÉ PASA SI ALGUNOS DE LOS MIEMBROS DE LA FAMILIA NO TIENE INGRESOS QUE DECLARAR? Los miembros de la familia pueden no recibir algunos de los tipos de ingresos que pedimos que declare en la solicitud, o puede que no reciban ingreso alguno. Cuando esto suceda, escriba un 0 en el campo. Sin embargo, si un campo de ingresos queda vacío o en blanco, contará como cero. Fíjese bien cuando deje campos de ingresos en blanco porque supondremos que lo ha hecho con .

  13. Estamos en el ejército. ¿TENEMOS QUE DECLARAR NUESTROS INGRESOS DE OTR FORMA? Su salario básico y bonos en efectivo deben declararse como ingresos. Si recibe prestaciones de valor en efectivo por vivir fuera de la base, alimentación o ropa, también se debe incluir como ingresos. Sin embargo, si su vivienda forma parte de Military Housing Privatization Initiative (Iniciativa de privatización de la vivienda militar), no incluya el subsidio para vivienda como ingresos. Cualquier pago de combate adicional resultante por despliegue también se excluye de los ingresos.

  14. ¿QUÉ PASA SI NO HAY SUFICIENTE ESPACIO EN LA SOLICITUD PARA MI FAMILIA?Enumere a los miembros adicionales de la familia en una hoja de papel separada y adjúntela en su solicitud. Póngase en contacto con Carla Woolheater, 1410 LaredoSt., Aurora,CO 80011, call 720-277-3267 or email para recibir una segunda solicitud.

Mi familia necesita más ayuda. ¿Hay otros programas que podamos solicitar? Para averiguar cómo solicitar Colorado SNAP u otras prestaciones de ayuda, póngase en contacto con su oficina local de ayuda o llame al 1-800-536-5298 or 303-866-3122.

Si tiene otras preguntas o necesita ayuda, llame al  720-277-3267


Nickie Holder

USDA Statement of Nondiscrimination

Global Village International operates in accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English. To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online

at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by: (1) Mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights,1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; (2) Fax: (202) 690-7442; or (3) This institution is an equal opportunity provider.

Created By FoCoWebDesign